Sunday 19 February 2012

Scooter-ama day

Today was my first muay thai experience. And what an experience it was. Note for tomorrow morning, no need to warm up for an hour when walking out the front door makes you hot!

Sid was my trainer and he showed a lot of patience and a sense of humor, particularly important when my right kick kept landing lower than the padded belt he wore strapped to his hips.




This is my pristine gear before today's training. The shin guards are yet to be used, I think I need to work up to that stage.

But the more exciting news of the day is that I'm now the proud owner of a scooter, well owner for the next month.



I don't think I got the beast over 40k's but I looked very dashing in my lime green helmet. The dude at the shop across the road, who was foolish enough to hire me the beast, and i have an agreement. Scratches and dents are all part of the package.

I managed to find a great but busy beach for the afternoon. Hired my deck chair and was set. That was until I needed to come home and nap. If 2 hours of training wore me out today I might be in a coma come tomorrow night after 2 x 2 hour sessions.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Rawai, Thailand

3 comments:

  1. LOLZ at you on a scooter. get someone to take a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see photos of you on your scooter!!

    Make sure you stay properly hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get a pic of me on the scooter at some stage. Do you want me in the lime green helmet?

    And yes Anita I'm trying to stay hydrated. Trainer Sid gave me quite a few short breaks for a drink - only prob was before each break I had to do 10 pushups and 10 crunches

    ReplyDelete